Stanhope State University is proud to present the first ever Watermelon Eating Championship at the 2021 Stanhope Lions Watermelon Day!
Complete official rules and guidlines are below.
If you have any questions about the Watermelon Eating Championship, email email@example.com
Good Luck and see you in Stanhope for Watermelon Day!!!
Stanhope State University Watermelon Eating Championship
Saturday, July 17th 2021
- 2-3 PM - Athlete check in
- 3:45 PM - Championship festivities begins
ONE LONE CHAMPION receives:
- $100 cash prize
- Watermelon Eating Championship Belt
- World renown glory
- A secured place in history
- Small Town Iowa Immortality
- Must be 14 years or older
- Athletes must sign waiver to compete in the championship
- Mandatory athlete check in 2:00pm to 3:00pm on Watermelon Day
- To register for competition in the Watermelon Eating Championship, use the online form with the link below or sign up at the Stanhope Locker in person
- No alcohol allowed, athletes suspected of being intoxicated prior to the championship will be disqualified from competition
- Registration deadline is Wednesday, June 30 at 11:59pm
- It's simple, first athlete to finish their to be determined set allotment of watermelon in the shortest amount of time without using their hands, wins.
- Hands free eating is required, all the watermelon must be consumed and not regurgitated or spit up (this will result in ejection from the contest) prior to the completion of the contest.
- Watermelon must be eaten clean to the rind, completion of the watermelon eating is to be decided by a judge, not the contestant.
- The judges have the final authority regarding all contest related matters and may cancel the contest at any time.
- In the event of a tie, the athletes will participate in a second round of eating. The first to finish their portion of watermelon, wins, or so on, until a winner is declared.
** Rules and guidelines are subject to change. Void where prohibited.
Do you have what it takes?